“When you go on the internet, please pray for the Hoffman Family – your missionaries to Cyberspace.”
Volume 35 Issue 1 (January/February 2023)
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News:
- This starts our 35th year for FamilyNet International!
- We had a discussion with Source of Light (the supplier of our Bible Correspondence Courses) regarding getting their courses online. We have been mailing out their Bible courses since October 1985. At one point we were trying to help Source of Light get their courses online. We spoke to them several years ago and they only had a couple of Bible courses online at that time.They now have many more courses online and are a viable alternative to doing courses via US Mail (although there are some courses that are different from the courses we mail out, and many courses are not online yet). We have added a link to sign up for the online courses on our website family-bible.com, and we have already had many signups for the online courses.
Church Website Ministry:
- We experienced a short 30 minute disruption on one of our 3 hosting servers. The server was up, but connectivity was a problem from some areas,
- We currently host 135 ministries at no charge..
Bible Correspondence Courses: We want to thank Joyce Hall, Oleta Ferrell, Lorraine Meier, JL & Florence Smith for helping with the Bible Correspondence courses over the last quarter.
- 4th Quarter Stats: We mailed out 983 lessons, issued 35 Certificates to 123 Students (21 are prisoners) in Canada, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, St. Kits, West Indies and USA
- 2022 Stats: We mailed out 3282 lessons (and issued 137 Certificates) to students in Australia, Canada, Ghana, India, Malawi, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, St. Kits, Uganda, United Kingdom, West Indies and USA.
Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- From a prisoner in Nebraska… Thank you so much for my lessons. The lesson on Prayer was a challenge for me. Sorry that it took me a little longer to do. I am going to hang on to the book on prayer. It has so many keys to how to pray. Also, thank you for the little note that you sent me. I hope and pray that you all are doing ok. The virus is making a lot of people sick. The hospitals are filling up again with people that are very sick. Merry Christmas, Bob & Maureen. I hope and pray you all have a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year. May God bless you all and your family and keep you all safe. It is a blessing to be your student. God bless.
- From a prisoner in Texas… I just want to take the opportunity to thank F.N.I. (FamilyNet) for the Christmas card. I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and I also pray God’s continual blessing for each and every one of you, at FamilyNet International. God bless Bob & Maureen, Joyce, Oleta, Lorraine, Florence & J.L. and all your other church members. Please know that F.N.I. Bible studies have enriched my spiritual well-being. I am taking what I learn and make efforts to change my way of living such as my thinking, my walk with God, my prayer life and my obedience unto God. I admit I need a lot of work and I also know God & F.N.I. are with me and for me, so I am thankful and grateful for your efforts to help me in my spiritual growth with God. Merry Christmas and God Bless.
- We have had over 161,000 people read our Bible Tracts online (through website links and ads).
- Through our ad campaigns we are offering over 1 million tracts to unique individuals per month in 7 languages worldwide..
- Our ads have reached over 18 million people with the Gospel since we started advertising in February 2020.
Social Networking Outreach:
- Facebook – 3 K Friends (Facebook no longer showing exact numbers)
- Mewe – 8.4K Friends (Max friends Mewe shows. Way above this number)
- Spreely – 2635 Friends
- USA.life – 6911 Friends
Support: We are currently at 70% of support for our ministry expenses.
- Bob’s prostate cancer numbers are steady. Please pray cancer is not returning.
- Maureen and Bob have several ongoing (not major) health issues. Lots of pain.
- Would you consider praying for us when special needs arise? If so, please subscribe to our prayer warrior’s mailing list.: http://eepurl.com/SYbI9.
Specific Financial Needs:
- Foundation repair on our home $7312 outstanding.
- Hosting Costs $1535
- Bible Tract ads (We reach 1 Million people for $150/mo).
- Internet Costs $600
We do not charge for anything we do. Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on https://cyber-missions.org) or mail a check:
FamilyNet International Inc
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
In Jesus’ Service,
Bob and Maureen