What if there was a way to jump start your student’s college degree, even during the high school years? What if a college degree could be earned along side your high school courses? CLEP and DSST exams provide exactly that opportunity. College credit is available to the high school student.
There are many advantages to pursuing CLEP courses during high school. Many course are available that contain material your high school student already knows, thereby reducing the time on campus, lightening the college work load, reducing the cost of tuition, and saving time that can be used for work and ministry. Many students can finish High School with their college core degree requirements completed. Some students can even finish an associates or bachelors degree during their high school years.
Starting on the journey of CLEP for High School can be intimidating.
Here is a step by step plan:
1. Pray. Make sure this is the path the Lord has for you.
2. Make sure your spouse is on board with a different approach to High School.
3. Check your state homeschooling laws. Many states have mandated curriculum while others provide more flexibility. Keep your state regulations in mind as you plan.
4. Acquire a government issued photo ID for your student. Don’t wait on this one as some federal regulations have increased the wait time for such identification. This, along with a Social Security number, is required to take a CLEP or DSST exam.
5. Consider going for a complete degree using credit by examination. Visit TESC's website and let your kids dream about possible degrees, starting with Associates degrees. This dreaming can give you insight into where the Lord may be leading your student.
9. Consider putting aside ideas about covering multiple subjects at once. We go faster with only one or two courses at a time.
|Tags: Collegiate Homeschooling How CLEP Your High School|
|Rating: 0.00 (0 votes) Rate this article|
|Bookmark and share this news item:|