|We've all heard the statistics- We've all seen the numbers-|
But are you still drinking from plastic water bottles?
If so, here are some shocking numbers for you!
- Plastic water bottles ARE recyclable, so you may think a reusable bottle is a non-issue. However, very few folks recycle their bottles. 8 out of 10 plastic water bottles end up in landfills according to the Container Recycling Institute (CRI).
- The Earth Policy Institute notes that it takes about 1.5 million barrels of oil yearly to make plastic water bottles.
- Lastly, just to manufacture plastic bottles is harmful for the planet. Creating plastics over and over again, releases chemicals into our air, soil, and water supply. Not to mention that these same chemicals can be leached into your child’s beverage from the plastic bottle.
- Bottled water is no bargain either: It costs 240 to 10,000 times more than tap water. For the price of one bottle of Evian, a San Franciscan can receive 1,000 gallons of tap water. Forty percent of bottled water should be labeled bottled tap water because that is exactly what it is. Read more HERE.
So what can you do to help?
Buy a Pura Stainless Steel Bottle!
Pura Stainless Bottles believe it is not enough to drink from a stainless bottle if it is still sealed with a plastic cap! That's why their caps are also stainless steel! They are durable, and built to last!
Pura Stainless Bottles have many perks:
- Food service grade 18/8 stainless steel
- 100% BPA-free
- Lifetime Warranty
- Stainless Steel Cap
- Large Mouth Makes Filling & Cleaning a Snap
- Selected as one of the TOP 50 Small Businesses of 2009
Now, if you're impatient like me, and you don't want to wait for the giveaway to end, simply go to THIS SITE, pick out your water bottles, and use the code VAAGEN when checking out to receive 20% off your order!!
If you'd like to enter to win, please do the following:
1. Comment below, with your email address
2. Visit the PURA site by clicking HERE, and leave a comment telling me which bottle you love the most!
3. Subscribe to this blog (enter your email address in upper right corner), and comment that you do.
4. Follow this blog (in right hand column), and comment that you do.
5. Become a fan of this blog on Facebook by clicking HERE, and comment that you do.
6. Email this contest out to your friends, and copy me on it at email@example.com
7. Follow me on Twitter (vaagen) and ReTweet this contest on Twitter: http://twitter.com/vaagen/statuses/3629953775. Comment below that you did.
8. Favorite this blog on Technorati by clicking HERE
The winner will be chosen by random drawing on http://www.random.org/integers/ on Saturday, September 5th at 6pm. Good luck!
Remember, if you'd like to order a bottle now, and save 20%, just click here, and enter the code VAAGEN at the checkout.